Friday, July 2, 2010
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
OK, I am a bit late in this post but I realized I never posted a salute to my mum for Mother's day! my excuse is that life was pretty crazy in May. Here is a photo of my mom and I. The idea was to take a picture as I give her a free face lift by grabbing her ears and pulling (took ten years of of her I tell ya!)I wanted her to reply in kind but she was laughing too hard. If anyone wants to know what I will be like at 60ish just look to her. BUT on the other hand, I am much more normal!! here is a list of my mums unique qualities
1) she loves to ride her lawn mower tractor thingy on their 2 acres of land down in the coastal town of Palacios, does it nearly every other day!
2) big feet. I have little petite feet, she is a whopping 7 1/2!(don't let her borrow your shoes)
3) She's written a couple books and acts like she likes writing, is that strange or what?
4) sailed around the world with my dad, navigating hazardous reefs and shipping channels but can't figure out how to post a comment on this blog ;-)
5) She drives the speed limit (I rest my case)
One normal thing about her is her love of the ocean. Though my parents live on land now a day hasn't gone by that she doesn't miss the cruising life.
Her book is about my mom and dad sailing around the world, it is so funny and has many profound beautiful moments. If ya want to buy her book just let me know and I'll send you the info, you can get it on Amazon but it won't be autographed as it would if you buy directly from her:-).
OK gotta go get ready to meet my friend Brian for a Futbal match (Go Ghana!) the Netherlands just won!!!!:-) :-) :-).