~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RAIN DOG'S BLOG~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Sunday, July 18, 2010

Avocado ice cream...mmmmm



















OK first I must warn you, the ice cream is green. Plus is is made with avocados. BUT I implore you to put those two oddities aside and be open to a new and delightful experience. This recipe is from my Philippine friend. I call it avocado ice cream and it is heavenly.
Here is how you fix it.

1 ripe avocado (1 big or 2 small)
1 mango
2 tbsp milk (or half and half is good too)
sugar to taste (usually only a teaspoon if you have a good avocado)

Scoop out avocado and mush up well, sprinkle a tbsp or two of milk or half-n-half to give a creamy texture. Add sugar to taste, usually only a teaspoon. Slice up the mango (remove skin and seed) add to avocado and mix well. Chill or freeze for one hour. Will stay fresh 12-24 hours in refridge, or much longer if frozen. If you freeze, allow to thaw a bit before eating.



Mabuti iyan! ( Tagalog for "Oh, thats good!")

3 comments:

Ken n Cheryl said...

It actually sounds good to me! I love avocodoes. Thanks for sharing.

Alexandra aka mom said...

I am very proud of you to be open to new and exotic tastes. Soon you'll be sailing to those exotic places, might as well have your palate prepared. Love ya

Erika (aka Ocean Girl) said...

OH I so hope so!!!
Love ya too.
Erika