~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RAIN DOG'S BLOG~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pampered and lovin it, Meeting My Friend (the stranger), Where de water go?





Well busy week for OG (the boat and the girl). Thursday was pamper day ahh. OG the boat, got a good hull scubbin and interior sprucing. OG the girl, got a swedish massage (say sveeedish massage). And last but not least, Tiberius (my car) got a wash and oil change. So we were quite the pampered ones on Thursday (life is so tough!)

I met my friend this weekend (aka the perfect stranger). His name is Wayne and he is cruising aboard a beautiful steel hull Bruce Roberts 50. Right now his vessel (Learnativity) is in New Zealand. I met him through my mom (long story kinda, will explain one day). Anyways, we have been emailing back and forth for a month or so and when the opportunity for him to visit the states appeared he arranged to fly into Houston for a day. We had a lot of fun talking boats and and cruising. I showed him OG and he gave me some great advice about refrigeration (he is quite the handyman). See photo of the little New Zealand lamb :)

Last night a northern hit and took all the water (see photo, that is my neighbor across the way). OG is now hard aground after bumping most the night. This is the first time we have been aground all winter. I thought spring has sprung, did old man winter get the memo?

1 comment:

Ken n Cheryl said...

I don't think he got the memo here in Louisiana either. It's cold and supposed to be 35 degrees again tomorrow morning! Swedish massage..that reminds me of a gift card I need to use. Sounds relaxing!